In a recent article on Brietbart:
There are several very bizarre things.
1. Is this bullshit that all reform is amnesty? The Republican principles are quite clear that they will not be amnesty. If you can read you can see that…clearly most of the media and 100% of talking heads are effectively illiterate as they seem to miss this point.
2. From the headline you’d think that it was pro-reform Ellmers who had a breakdown when to anyone with two good ears it was obviously Ingraham who got overly emotional about the issue from the get go and started responding irrationally. The hack who wrote up this article was quite stupid to include the audio as his attack of Ellmers was as unjustified as Ingraham’s points.
3. Ellmers was attacked for saying we have a broken system, which Ingraham took offense to because that is something La Raza and liberals say. Millions of people and drugs coming over an unprotected border no matter who is in control, huge welfare payments to illegals, public services being ruined because of exploitation by illegals, no effective way of dealing with this in the short term…you know I don’t care if La Raza and Chuck Schumer or even Karl Marx, Adolf Hitler and Satan were the ones who first said the words “broken system”…it’s a broken system, just because the opposition also uses the term doesn’t change the fact that it’s broken.
It’s broken. This is a fact. If it were any more broken we’d have to call it Obamacare.
I’m really convinced that Laura Ingraham doesn’t have the first clue what the free market is.
4. Ingraham starts going off that businesses just need to start providing a living wage if they want to attract workers…remind me again exactly who sounds like a liberal here.
5. Ingraham says it’s terrible that businesses are being driven out of existence because illegals are offering the same service for less money…and that anyone who doesn’t support her side of deport them all is against the free market. So being for undercutting your competition is against the free market…wait, what? The fact that people who are willing to work for less get the job isn’t conceding that the free market doesn’t work it’s 100% proof that it does. The free market has no bias to where you’re from or how you got here, it only cares about what you do and what you’re willing to pay or work for. Yes they broke the law to get here, and yes a functioning free market requires rule of law in terms of property rights and contract law…but the laws being broken here are not the laws specifically tied to the idea of the free market Laura.
6. Also apparently according to Ingraham the government is there to ensure that higher wages are paid. And this is from a Tea Party person…and to think I claim the Tea Party has ceased being conservative and is now 100% a populist movement.
7. Ingraham also seems fairly pissed off about the idea that Americans are lazy, and that to say this is somehow un-American. Laura, the vast majority of the country either sat at home or voted for Obama. Ispo facto. Americans are lazy. At least some of them are. To deny this is just preposterous.
Its great Laura your mom was a hard-working blue collar worker who did low paying jobs to get you through life. Just because your mom exists doesn’t mean that everyone in the nation has a strong work ethics. They don’t. This is also a fact.
Further the problem isn’t the illegals who want to work. For decades, hell generations, no one cared about people coming up from Latin America (legally or illegally), working and earning money. That was the free market and for the most part everybody loved it because everyone benefitted.
The problem is not the illegals who want to work. It’s the ones who bring their kids to get educated and families to get food stamps and medical care on our tax dime.
I’m sorry but if you want to deal with this real problem then you have to do a few things.
(A) You have to build a way to keep new illegals from getting into the country…oh, look, that would be the first part of the plan that Boehner, Paul Ryan, Renee Ellmers are actually proposing…too bad Laura that in your mob mentality you were ignorant of this fact.
(B) Then you would have to reform the immigration code to reward people coming here who want to work and who have the skills to work. Again that is part of the Republican plan that any non-ignorant person would know…obviously not Ingraham.
(C) You would then have to deal with the illegals who are here…and that leaves a few options…Deport them all at astronomical cost, which the Republicans being the fiscally sane party are not for… or amnesty, Reagan tried that because he still thought that all illegals were the kind that just wanted to work, experience has shown that doesn’t work and that’s why the Republican plan doesn’t include amnesty (and to claim it does isn’t just ignorance, it’s an out and out lie)…or the Republican plan fines them and lays huge restrictions on them if they want to stay, deport the relatively small amount that don’t want to take this option, and never allow those who came here illegally to have citizenship if they don’t want to go to the back of the line and start the way everyone else has to.
Anyone with a brain can see that the Republican plan is exactly what we need. Yes we need to work out the details. But just saying that nothing needs to be fixed by denying that the system is broken is foolishness and idiocy. And I am getting tired of this very kind of idiotic populism that seems to have infected so many supposedly conservative pundits and voters.