Now I would like to see how this compares to your average Tea Party rally participant…I hazard a guess that the Tea Party is much more well informed.
Originally posted on Newnan Bull:
October 21, 2011- Some of you have expressed a little concern that me, of all people, are being a bit hard on the Occutards. Some have said I’ve been a bit strong with the name calling. Well, someone at New York Magazine wrote an article that pretty much sums it all up. Check it out: Are you smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
- 84% of Occupiers cannot tell you what the Dodd-Frank Act is.
- 30% of Occupiers believe that top marginal income tax rate for the top 1% is 0 to 10%. And 32% believe that tax rate to be 10 to 25%. The correct answer is 35%. But that doesn’t include the Bush tax cuts that Democrats want to let expire. That would push the rate to 39.6%. And then there is this millionaires surtax. That’s another 5.6%. So we are pushing a 45% federal income tax rate for the top bracket … and a third of protestors believe this rate to be ten percent or less.
- 94% of Occupiers believe that the government spends more on the military than it does on healthcare and pensions. The correct answer is that 43% of government spending is on healthcare and pensions, while defense accounts for 20% of spending.
I still maintain they’re all a bunch of clueless fools. – JRoycroft
*For the record, I stole the term, “Occutard,” from Neal Boortz.
- Are you smarter than a Wall Street Protestor? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street (ourdinnertable.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors Ask Occupy Wall Street to Stop Pooping All Over Everything [Occupy Wall Street] (gawker.com)